Call us today on 01273 823100


Gary Kenton is authorised and regulated to advise and arrange general insurance. He will be happy to discuss your insurance requirements and advise on the most appropriate cover for your needs.

Buildings and Contents

Click here to get or retrieve a quote.              To view or download your policy documents click here.          

It's easy to think that bad things happen to other people and not ourselves, but the facts suggest that isn't a risk we can afford to take. In the UK, one in three of us will get burgled at some point in our lives yet about a quarter of households are not protected by any form of home insurance. With other unfortunate occurrences such as flood/storm damage, fire and more, threatening our homes and their contents, by not having insurance we are leaving ourselves open to serious financial loss.
Home insurance can now offer something for everyone with insurance for homeowners, tenants and landlords. Increasingly, mortgage lenders will insist that you have buildings insurance to obtain a mortgage.

A policy should cover funds to rebuild your home in the event of it being totally destroyed or damaged to the point that complete rebuilding is necessary.. The policy could also cover against damage caused by events beyond your control including:

For landlords, building insurance is crucial, as it is for all homeowners. For tenants, building insurance is usually covered by the landlord and only contents insurance needs to be considered

Contents insurance gives protection to anything that is not a fixed part of your home, for example your appliances, electronic goods, furniture and clothing. Most home contents insurance policies will even cover the contents of your fridge and freezer. Policies are advisable for homeowners and tenants while landlord contents insurance can be limited if the property is let unfurnished or part furnished. High value items, such as those more than £1,000 in value, will generally have to be considered separately from your contents policy. Policies can also include cover in the event of an injury in your home. Furthermore, some contents insurance policies would also cover you for legal liability if someone were injured in your home due to your negligence or lack of upkeep of the property

Mortgage Payment Protection Insurance

Becoming unemployed can cause many problems, not least the fact that there simply may not be any money to pay the bills. Most people will agree that their home is their most important material possession, yet if mortgage payments cannot be made, the security of a home can be taken away.
Cover is also available to cover periods where you may be unable to work due to sickness or in the event of an accident.

Life Insurance

Life insurance, also known as life assurance, is a policy that pays out a sum of money upon the death of the policy holder or insured person. Life insurance policies are usually available on a single or joint life basis and can include additional cover for critical illnesses such as cancer.

Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on you remortgage. The overall cost for comparison is 7% APRC. The actual rate will depend upon your circumstances. Ask for a personal illustration. There will be a fee for mortgage advice. The precise amount will depend upon your circumstances but we estimate that it will be £500. GK Consultancy Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FRN 475401. Click here for our Privacy Statement.

Click here to find out more about our services.

Address Premier House
3 Pembroke Gardens
East Sussex

Telephone number 01273 823100

Email address